Public Relations Manager
Role - Public Relations (PR) Manager
Reports To - Brand Communications Manager
Location - Marrickville, NSW
We are looking for a highly skilled PR Manager to join our Brand Communications team, based in Marrickville. This exciting position will play a key role in leading and developing key LUSH messages, creating the strategic direction and executing plans across the Australian and NZ geographies. As a passionate LUSH brand ambassador, this role will be responsible for elevating brand perception through powerful storytelling.
- Create and deliver effective PR strategies across Australia and New Zealand, combining brand vision and business objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Build and protect LUSH brand reputation to cement market position.
- End-to-end project management and production of PR campaigns and activations.
- Report and measure ROI on all PR activities and outcomes.
- Build genuine and strong relationships with media, campaign partners, suppliers and global LUSH PR teams.
- Access and engage media in brand storytelling and convert media into brand advocates.
- Create and execute events and experiences to share brand stories with media.
- Manage PR budgets and forecast products for PR needs.
- Organise media to attend local suppliers, charity pot partners and factory for a true brand experience.
- Actively seek and apply for a large amount of awards throughout the year that align with the business goals.
- Amplify human rights, animal welfare and environmental protection campaigns through effective media outreach.
- Respond to media requests; pitching proactively and reactively to media.
Our Perfect Match:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience writing and leading multiple PR campaigns with proven results.
- Proven experience executing creative ideas.
- Previous management experience.
- Existing media relationships within relevant industry in Australia, relationships in NZ a bonus but not essential.
- Displays a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Lives and breathes trends across pop culture, current affairs, beauty, fashion music, media and entertainment.
- Has professional interpersonal communication skills.
- Has a strong ethical compass and is passionate about our brand values and beliefs.
Who are we?
LUSH is a global manufacturer and retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics. We are known for our unique bath and beauty products, personalised customer service, in-store activism and fun shop atmosphere. LUSH is a campaigning company, working across human rights, environmental protection and animal welfare. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organisations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
- A supportive team where your input and opinion is valued.
- A progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Paid birthday leave.
- A generous discount on LUSH products keep you smelling and feeling fresh.
- A welcome pack of LUSH products and eco-friendly goodies.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? To be considered for this role, please apply by uploading your resume, cover letter, along with your top-line PR Strategy addressing the goal for LUSH to create brand advocates amongst media (1 page maximum). Ensure all attachments are in PDF format.
Applications close midnight Wednesday 17th October, so apply as soon as possible!
*Please note you must have appropriate working rights for Australia for this role.
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse workforce.